Included in the Scholantis solution is a powerful virtual staff room tool. While some of our client districts have become early adopters, others have yet to realize the potential of the staff room tool.
When we deliver public websites and internal portals, it’s often the tools filling the most critical needs that see the highest adoption rates. Once those needs are met, then it is largely left to chance if other helpful tools, like our virtual staff room take root or not.
In some districts, virtual staff rooms have made the bulletin board obsolete, save for a few hand-written postcards. They are a central place to store files, there’s a calendar function and an ‘Away Today’ log that allows staff to see who’s away and keep up to date with who’s covering their classes. There’s also a section for news and announcements, it’s easy to manage access, is secure and infinitely customizable.
There’s no question that virtual staff rooms make communicating with staff more efficient and less time consuming. But this will only happen if staff know the tool is there and how to use it effectively.
What makes adoption successful? In a nutshell, planning. In our experience, it’s the schools that take the most hands-on tactical approach to adoption that have seen the greatest success. Key to this process is communication.
Here are some tips to help with the successful adoption of staff room in your school:
- Take a phased approach – Start by getting clear on who’s going to populate and maintain the staff room. In most cases it’s school administrators that take this lead.
- Start the conversation – Ask staff what needs to be included in your staff room to make logging in, everyday, valuable for each teacher or staff member.
- Get leadership buy-in – Get them to communicate a solution-centric message – why the universal use of an online staff room will make things easier, not more work.
- Gather feedback – Send any relevant feedback to our customer service team – if we can make it easier for you, we will. Give it a try.
Take the staff room adoption challenge today. Schools that have allowed first-adopters the opportunity to share knowledge and experience are without doubt using the solution to its full extent and benefiting from it.
Over the next few months we’ll be supporting adoption of your online staff rooms with how-to videos and supporting documents. If you have any interest in participating, get in contact now!
- Visit the adoption guide on the Scholantis Docs site to learn more.
- User Adoption Strategies book and sample chapters. Authored by Michael Sampson.
- Download the Microsoft SharePoint adoption guide (PDF).